Somehow we survived Thursday and Friday, passing our time by watching hours of PBS kids, reading books, and playing Uno.
A BIG thanks to Shana who went out of her way to bring me some Children's Tylenol in a moment of desperation and to Chris who brought needed reinforcements of bread and Gatorade.
Meanwhile, in between making toast and administering medicine, I did my sick house routine:
1. wash anything in the house that fits in the washing machine
2. disinfect every surface in the house - doorknobs, phones, remote controls
3. rewash anything the children have touched since I washed the first time
4. re disinfect any surface the children have touched since I disinfected the first time
5. repeat as necessary steps 3 & 4 until whenever
Kyle got home Friday night and all seemed to be getting better...until Saturday morning, that is, when Nathan woke up with a fever and stomachache. Not wanting to be behind the 8 ball on this one, I took Nathan into the Dr. right away.
The place was so crowded that we waited about 30 minutes in the waiting room to be seen and Nathan fell asleep out there (a true sign of a sick child!) We got into the exam room, got the strep swab, and then the nurse left to do the test. Right after she left, Nathan proceeded to throw up on me! I got us cleaned up the best we could. Thank goodness for drive through pharmacies so we didn't have to walk in somewhere after that.
In the afternoon, Margaret thought she was ready to go back to gym, but an hour into class, she was too tired to continue. It seems just as Margaret shared strep with Nathan, Nathan shared his dry cough he has had for days with Margaret. Now she is back feeling almost as bad as she was on Thursday.
Ah, the joys of winter!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh no! Sending you guys some healthy wishes. :)
Sure hope They start feeling better soon!! Let us know if you need anything!!
Oh goodness Joni - I tried that entire wash and wipe down thing TOO LAST weekend - when Julia started to get really bad - she missed last Friday and Monday at school - I continued to get worse and by Thursday - JACK was complaining of stomach pains - Steve who LIVES at work - is FINE. HAHAHAHA Crazy. I blame it TOTALLY on school because when Julia stayed home last year and Jack went only two days - we were sick here probably ONCE - and not even all of us. Jack's teacher is a NEWBIE and was just out THREE days - it happens to all of them until they build up immunity. YUCK.
Oh, I hope they feel better soon!
Oh that sucks!! I'm having McDonalds delivered for dinner. HAHA!
Good Grief, Joni!
Sounds like they are just passing it back and forth to each other! Hope everyone gets better soon!
Post a Comment