Monday, January 28, 2008

Blogiversary

Oops! I totally missed my one year blog anniversary on January 17th. I wanted to celebrate by going back to my very first blog entry and reviewing how I did on my "New Blog Resolutions". Oh, well...better late than never.

I resolve to use the blog to document the big happenings and little moments that we often forget. That way when someone asks what we have be up to, I can remember what we did last month, last week, or even yesterday.
Grade: B-. I've done a good job getting the important things on the blog. But I have done a so-so job of documenting the little funny everyday moments. For example, I completely left out the stories about Nathan and the marble in the dishwasher, Nathan and the candy and scissors hidden in his room, and Nathan and the spoonful of limeade concentrate. Plus, I have yet to document the funny things Nathan says that we refer to as "Nathan's Nuggets of kNowlege".

I resolve to actually put some pictures on the blog to share with friends and family instead of keeping them archived in my computer.
Grade: A+. I haven't done this much with my pictures since we went digital!

I resolve to use the blog to get me motivated in actually working on my family scrapbooks.
Grade: F. 'Nuff said.

I resolve to not use this as a replacement for keeping in touch with friends and family, but as a way to make communication better.
Grade: A. I know our family lurks here and loves seeing pictures of the kids. Hi mom and dad! I wasn't much of a phone talker before so I don't think too much has changed. And this has been a great way to keep in touch with people who have moved away - Amy, Jodi, Rosylyn - I'm talkin' to you!

I resolve to not stress out about being witty or having the perfect words, but to just do it.
Grade B-. Uh, yeah, I admit to rewriting a few entries until they were "just right". But I also have many entries where I just "Got 'er dun"

So, I guess I will call having a blog a success. I hope you have enjoyed reading it as much as I have enjoyed writing it!

6 comments:

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

Oh this post made me laugh - are you SURE you are not ready to teach? I mean, seriously, a grading scale? You must consider SOON...I pick third or fourth grade for you - science...now go forth and certify!

Melissa said...

I love the blog and I love you and your crazy wonderful herd of turtles!! Sure do wish we were neighbors (or heck, even lived in the same state) but it's great to stay in touch via the blog. :)

Steph said...

Girl, you are too funny!! Only you would think to grade your resolutions! An F??? Aren't you being a little hard on yourself. LOL!!! Keep it coming, I love it!

Katie said...

Happy belated Blogiversary!! I love gettin' to keep up with the happenings over there :)

Amy said...

I LOVE keeping up with you and your crazy crew! Happy Blogiversary, here's to many more to come!

Didi said...

Very funny! You got me thinking...my bloggin' anniversary is this month too! Here's to us! :)