After our last run in with Pepe, we hadn't gotten even a whiff of trouble and thought we were out of the woods...until last week. We were dog sitting Hammie. I opened the door to let Ham and Sandy in and was floored by the stench de skunk. Luckily the dogs did not suffer a direct hit, but the smell took several hours to get out of the house.
We made a call to our friendly Animal Control department who delivered this handy contraption to our door:
We made a call to our friendly Animal Control department who delivered this handy contraption to our door:
Yessiree - that's a genuine Armadillo trap that we are using to try to catch our skunk. If we do catch it, we just have to call and the brave man from Animal Control will come and pick it up. (He says 85% of the time the skunks don't spray when caged, but that doesn't sound like good enough odds to me!)
Last night, we set the trap with some Fancy Feast Tuna Surprise. An hour later we went out and found a kitten. We let her go and set the trap again. In the morning we checked and found the kitten again with another cat. I guess the Fancy Feast was too much to resist. And the skunk is still at large.
Last night, we set the trap with some Fancy Feast Tuna Surprise. An hour later we went out and found a kitten. We let her go and set the trap again. In the morning we checked and found the kitten again with another cat. I guess the Fancy Feast was too much to resist. And the skunk is still at large.
3 comments:
Ok so wrong kind of furry four legged animal. I hope you catch that stinky critter soon. Or we can't be coming to play in your backyard!!
I am so cracking up as I read this!! I mean sorry that you have to live with a skunk skulking around your yard, but LOL at catching a kitten (poor thing)!!! Too funny! Can't wait to hear how this turns out!
Post a Comment