For most people 8-8-08 will be remembered as the awesome Opening Ceremonies of the Bejing Olympics. For me, it will be the first day that we called an ambulance to our house.
Chris and Ed were over for dinner. The kids were playing inside and Ham was over to play with Sandy. Chris and I were standing in our backyard talking, enjoying the weather and innocently minding our own business. The dogs were also having fun running around together. And they ran right into the back of Chris' knee. 70 lbs Sandy + 100 lbs Hamilton = alot of force on the back of a knee. All I saw was Chris twirling around, falling on the ground, and then yelling "Call 9-1-1". Later I saw the problem - the kneecap that was now on the side of her leg.
The EMTs arrived, stabilized her leg, and we headed off in the ambulance to the ER. When they were wheeling Chris out of our backyard on the gurney, I took all the restraint I had to not grab my camera and click a picture (you are welcome, Chris). After getting to the hospital, they popped her knee back in place, fitted her with a brace and crutches, and we were back out the door 2 hours later.
As for the Opening Cermonies, thank goodness for DVRs. They were awesome when we watched them on 8-9-08.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
What a nice way to spend some of your remaining time with the Abbotts. Certainly something everyone will remember years from now. That was very nice of you to not capture Chris injured. Happy to hear she will be okay though!
OUCH! Poor Chris!
See dogs are nothing but trouble.
Never a dull moment, hunh? :)
Oh my! And not a single pic....c'mon Joni! ;o) I hope she is feeling better!
YIKES, crazy dogs!! ;)
Mmm-hmmm. Make that Cats-1, Dogs-0. Something is telling you that you should have kept that kitten!!!
Joni thanks for taking such good care of me and only taking a picture of my after my kneecap was back in place:)
Yikes!!!!! I hope all is better now!
Post a Comment