It has been quite a spring so far. Let's review -
February -we had a hail storm that destroyed our roof.
March - not one, but two snow storms and torrential rain during spring break which did more damage to our backyard.
early April - the electricity goes off and a tornado siren sounds as soon as we arrive to gymnastics and we spend an hour in the dark huddled in the preschool rooms singing songs with the children.
This morning - 4am - we wake up to another tornado siren and another storm that outed power and ripped down trees all over the area. Our house survived fine, but when we went to take Nathan to preschool, it was closed since the power was still out.
And yet...today turned out to be a summer-like gorgeous day. Nathan and Maddie had a day-long playdate instead of school and we celebrated with ice cream cones.
THEN, when playing outside this evening, we got a special visitor. An ice cream truck? In April? The kids were so excited that I'm afraid this guy is going come visit us every day.
4 comments:
SO Glad your house etc was OK!! This Texas weather is just CRAZY!! I don't ever get used to it! Hope you have a great weekend! :) Katie
This has been some wild weather! But, we have had some beautiful days in between and I'm just glad to finally not be working indoors so I can enjoy them! :)
Yes, a crazy spring. How did I miss the first set of tornado sirens though?
Seeing that ice cream truck made me smile really big...took me back to when I was little. How fun!
Post a Comment