Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Happy Tax Day!

Tax day didn't have much significance in this house since I got my refund back months ago. But there were many exciting moments today.

First of all, I did go by the post office today to mail some bills not thinking about the date. In honor of Tax Day, a lady was handing out coupons for free Chic-Fil-A sandwiches. Score!

Then, after I picked Nathan and Maddie up from preschool, we saw a turkey crossing the 4 lane road we were driving on. The kids got a major kick out of this and said endless versions of this joke:
"Why did the turkey cross the road?"
"To get to the other side!"
"Why did the chicken cross the road?"
" To get to the turkey!"
Ha ha ha ha!

After school, we had another drive-by in our neighborhood by a different ice cream truck than visited last week. We have been targeted! Luckily we weren't as visible tonight so he moved on down the road.

But most importantly, we took Nathan to Kindergarten Roundup tonight where he was so excited to tour the classrooms that he saw all of them twice. It is such a relief that he is excited for next year - because he is going. Wow - he is going to Kindergarten next year!

6 comments:

Steph said...

What a great day you guys had! Love Chick-Fil-A! Em had a great time at Kinder RoundUp, too. Can't wait to get together with you guys!

Narci D said...

Ooh, I had to mail something out, and to think that I avoided the main post office for that reason!

Our boys are getting so big now!

Narci D said...

BTW--a turkey?

Katie said...

Yea, SO glad he had such a great experience at the Kindergarten Round-up~I can't believe he's gonna be in kindergarten next year!!

Amy said...

WOW! I can't believe he is going to Kindergarten! Time goes by so fast.

Didi said...

Glad you had a nice tax day!