Thursday, May 8, 2008
Preschool Mother's Day
Allow me to get a little weepy here. Today was my last preschool Mother's Day. It is such a nice tradition - where the kids shower us with gifts, sing songs about us, and give us a little extra love and attention. First, we were supposed to find the portraits the kids painted of us. Look how beautiful I am in my pink dress.
Then we had a nice tea on placemats designed by our children with nice statements about us. Nathan wrote: "My mom is smart! She even knows how to set up a tent." Love that...and true. But then he wrote: "My mom can do many things! I think she's best at cleaning" Uh, no. I'll remind him later in life to NEVER say that to his wife.
Here are me, Nathan, and the gifts: flower, card, flower pot, and picture frame.
And then the songs. They sang "Mommy Loves Me" to the tune of Jesus Loves Me and "M-O-M-M-Y" to the tune of Bingo. He wasn't quite into the singing as everything else, but it was sweet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Aw, how sweet your little man is!!
very sweet! your picture is much more current than mine! Love that pink dress!
I love this - how sweet...an end to a preschool season - but beginning of many many more incredible Mother's Days ahead...We are lucky THAT special holiday will NEVER end... :)
Aww, that is so sweet! He is an awesome little man!
Post a Comment