Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The kids are off...and we are Raising Sand

We dropped the kids off on Sunday evening to start their 2 week RV adventure through Arkansas with PaPa and Grandma.

On Monday evening we spent our first kid-free night with friends Glenn and Suzanne at the Alison Krauss/Robert Plant concert at the Nokia Theater. Who knew putting a bluegrass artist with an aging rocker would be so cool. There were so many unexpected moments in the concert - like the retooling of the Led Zeppelin classic "Black Dog" with banjos. Here's "Killing the Blues", one of my favorite songs from Raising Sand.

4 comments:

Steph said...

Sounds like fun! The video didn't work for me. I thought you were talking about the sand box when I read your title! LOL!

Melissa said...

You are coming through DC on your way to Toronto, no? If you don't, that means you're coming to Singapore to visit us! Heh heh!

Amy said...

So two weeks kid free?? Can I send mine too?

Anonymous said...

COOOOOL!!! I am so jealous!