Friday, February 6, 2009

Funky Tut

All the 3rd grade GT kids in the district got to take a field trip to the King Tut exhibit so I was excited to go along to chaperone. Here is Margaret's class with their teacher.
Posing outside with the giant Anubis guarding the museum:
Shhh - don't tell Kierstin I posted this picture - she was so embarassed of it afterwards, but I think it's cute!

And yes, the whole time we were on the trip, Steve Martin's song about King Tut was running through my head.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

That is a cute picture of them. Glad you got to go!

Within Connolly's Kingdom said...

I am envious of the visit - My MIL just brought a cartouche made there for each of my kiddos - Jack was so proud - he took it to school today with his Egyptology book...It was interesting to see that the C and the K in his name were the same symbol due to sound. I bet you had a BLAST! Is that woman in the pic her GT teacher?

Anonymous said...

How fun! Love the last pic!

Kim Wood said...

OK I found the Steve Martin song on YouTube. Very funny! It was only vaguely familiar though.