Friday, October 24, 2008

Fall Carnival

Every year, PTA hosts a big fall carnival with games, activites, food, and raffles. I assembled the raffle basket for Nathan's class. Their class is the "secret agents", so we made a spy themed basket. It came in 2nd place for most raffle tickets (which was great, but a bummer considering Nathan really wanted it and we didn't win it)
Nathan was sick with another case of strep throat, so he and Kyle stayed home and I took Margaret. We spent the first hour together: played a few games, got her face painted and hair sprayed orange, and then got on the hayride with our friend the Chick-Fil-A cow.After that, she abandoned me to hang out with her friends so I went to help out. I judged a costume contest, and then spent a very exausting hour working concessions. We stayed until 11pm to help clean up. It was still a fun time, and we raised lots of money for the school.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Ok, with the matching hair and jeans, you two could be sisters (or mother and daughter, I guess...). What a cute picture!

Steph said...

I love her orange hair! So festive. Thanks for hanging with us for a bit...sorry I didn't get more pics!